Friday, January 1, 2016

Dumbria

Camino Gazetteer
.
.....Camino 8-2012:December 13, 2012
.....Camino 9-2013:December 12, 2013






.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 13, 2012


Today's walk over the hills into Olveiroa was, as always, a pleasure; restaurant staff all graciously greeted me by name and recalled my earlier visits! Little did I realize what an intense storm would soon begin.

Both torrential rain and wind began this afternoon and still have not ceased. Walking is dangerous and truly frightening; cold rain poured down continually while huge trees were bent and snapped by the wind and I, too, was constantly pushed about. For safety's sake it was necessary to get out of the storm FAST! Thus I sought refuge in the sleek new Dumbria albergue; unfortunately the weather forecast is for the storm to continue for several days.

December 12, 2013


Pouring rain and WET walking have become the daily norm as I slowly trudge west towards the sea. Walking over rolling hills and down into Olveiroa was easy; although along this stretch on a clear day you can see far and wide Thursday the dark, heavy clouds clustered on the horizon produced torrential rain and wind. When I arrived soaked at the sleek Dumbria albergue, the helpful hospitalero suggested that I lay everything wet on the heated floor. Since I am the only pilgrim this was easy to do; now there are puddles everywhere!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment