Friday, January 1, 2016

Padron

Camino Gazetteer
.
.....Camino 7-2011:December 10, 2011







.



---------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 10, 2011


I am slowly walking towards the Portuguese border to join Bill, my husband, for a holiday. Hence for me this Galician section of the Camino Portuguese is in reverse as pilgrims usually walk to Santiago. To go backward is more complicated than one might think; since this path is hardly well marked, searching for the famous yellow arrows now pointing opposite my direction isn't easy. Viewed backwards the arrows resemble anchors. Thus it's all been a bit of a treasure hunt!

Today's walk of 23 km crossed much of old and new suburbia plus a few vegetable gardens to finally arrive at Padron where Santiago's stone boat is said to have originally landed. The albergue although a handsomely renovated stone townhouse, had little heat and no blankets. Thus I wore my hat to bed.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment